What can I claim?
Posted: 15th June 2016
The compensation you can claim is made up of various categories
- Property Damage Expenses – you are entitled to be compensated for the repair or replacement costs caused to your vehicle, bike or scooter as well as the replacement costs of your damaged gear or personal items.
- Rehabilitation and Medical Expenses – expenses you incur following the accident can usually be recovered immediately from the CTP Insurer of the vehicle that caused or contributed to the accident.
- Operative Treatment – We can have the funding for your operative treatment approved and paid for in advance if you require operative treatment for your injuries.
- Pain and Suffering – compensation for the Pain and Suffering associated with your injuries
- Out of Pocket Expenses – reimbursement for any Doctors or Medical expenses, travel expenses to and from appointments and Chemist expenses
- Care and Assistance – you can claim an hourly rate for any assistance you obtain from your friends, family or paid assistance for household chores or taking you to and from medical appointments etc.
- Loss of Earnings – reimbursement of lost earnings for the time you are away from work as well as any lost overtime or promotional opportunities because of your injuries and medical treatment
- Future Loss of Earnings – a lump sum payment for the income you will lose during your future working life because you cannot work to your full potential or in the same industry
- Future Medical Expenses – a lump sum payment for any future medical treatment you will require for your ongoing medical needs